The Commonwealth of Virginia's Ultimate Blog

Sunday, March 27, 2005

A Life Redeemed

This story of a 26-year old single mother talking down a rapist and murderer by reading passages from A Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren and sharing the testimony of her redemption is slightly old news, but I heard it in church today and thought it was a spectacular story. So if you haven't read about it, I highly recommend it. The murderer had killed three people, including a judge, earlier that day after escaping from his guard while in the courthouse and had eluded police for hours in the largest manhut in Georgia history. He came to Ashley Smith's home randomly and held her hostage before her now famous talking down of him began.

Smith said: "I figured I was either going to die or not. So before I died, I was going to let him know that he was not capable of 'killing' me. All he could do was send me home."

It's amazing what an impact one redeemed life can have...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home