The Commonwealth of Virginia's Ultimate Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Replacements for Gillen?

Lighthorse Harry has been gone to the Dominican Republic for about 9 days, so please accept my apologies for my absence. I also have an infected bursa sac due to injuring my knee while playing baseball with the Dominicans. Let's just say that the Dominican Republic doesn't exactly have a comparable medical infrastructure to the United States. Nor do they have a mail system or a postmaster general.

We haven't blogged about the firing of Pete Gillen as coach of the Wahoos, but it was about time. A great guy, but he couldn't get his talent to play or mature. Does anyone have any suggestions for a replacement? I'm thinking former Gillen assistant and amazing recruiter Bobby Gonzalez, who took Manhattan to the Big Dance last year, would be an excellent replacement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home