The Commonwealth of Virginia's Ultimate Blog

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

LeBlanc rejection

Since just about everyone in the Virginia blogsphere has already commented on LeBlanc's rejection, I won't belabor the point.
However, I think the conservative/Republican side is underestimating the fallout from this event. I think the rejection will hurt Republican among the Commonwealth's independents, especially those who lean libertarian.
However, even if there is no fallout, I strongly disagree with this move. No one would disagree with rejecting a nominee with a felony record, or who was incompetent. But though I dislike LeBlanc and his pro-unionization stance, that's not the allegation against him. Rejecting the executive's nominee because you disagree with his political views is something completely different. In fact, its what the Democrats have been trying to do to President Bush's SCOTUS nominees. That may be what they do in Washington, but it isn't how we do things here in the Commonwealth. I thought we were better than that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home