The Commonwealth of Virginia's Ultimate Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Kennedy's questioning of Alito

I know he's not going to, but it would make the rest of my year if, in answering Kennedy's "questions" about recusal re: Vanguard holdings, Alito made some kind of subtle reference about Chappaquiddick like:
"Senator, after realizing I had a pontential conflict in the case, I vacated the decision and had it reheard by a different panel. I would have done so earlier, but I was a 'jumble of emotions', and my conduct was 'inexecusable'" (a not-so-subtle reference to Kennedy's professed reason for not reporting the accident)

UPDATE (1): Does anyone know how many times Sen. Kennedy failed the bar? Because I've never heard one man so mischaracterize the law in my entire life. I'm not sure Kennedy has ever heard of "qualified immunity", and even if he has, he clearly skipped that entire section of the law in law school and since.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kennedy passed all the "Open Bar"
tests - Just look how he drives.

11:09 PM

 
Blogger Charlie Bishop said...

LOL, besides the obvious obtuse references, did Sen. Kennedy ever actually pass the bar?

9:43 PM

 
Blogger None said...

Wikipedia says yes, earning his law degree from the University of Virginia of all places. Ted was admitted to the Massachusetts bar in 1959...

5:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home