The Commonwealth of Virginia's Ultimate Blog

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Stepping in it

In the sky! Is it a bird? A plane? No, its the point, once again, much to my chagrin.

My post of the CRFV Convention drew much interest (although it certainly seems odd that 7 comments seems like "much). I feel the need to clear the air considering my assesment.

Some seemed to take my post as a "revenge" post. Certainly not. Congratulations are due to Mr. Lamar. I'm sure he'll do as good a job leading the CRFV as any other recent leader, perhaps even better. We can certainly hope for that, and that every other door knocker in this state won't be old enough to buy you a beer. But I just don't see it happening. My comment regarding whether the party is better off with either candidate was meant to convey my opinion that the party would be better off with NEITHER candidate, or more importantly, no candidate.

Perhaps I was a bit hasty in my word choice in describing the Lamar suite. I will admit that there were certainly cross-overs. There was in fact a completely wasted individual in the Maloney suite, compared with the stone-cold sober PHC candidate. My point here is to offer the general vibe of the two suites as a study in the contradiction of the CRFV: a desire to do good through politics and the youthful desire for respect and individuality. One of my major interests in politics is aesthetics and style. Take that as you will.

Finally, as I tried to indicate, my problem is not with the CR chapters. Indeed, I am quite proud of Mr. Lamar's accomplishments during this last cycle. But do you ever, ever wonder if maybe, maybe he could've been doing something truly productive while planning and executing his state run? Again, I think the solution is a focus on the individual chapters, and away from any unreasonable goal of having a sentient, viable statewide organization. If you can figure it out, go for it. But do it soon. We need a solution to youth outreach by '09.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home