The Commonwealth of Virginia's Ultimate Blog

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Colin Farrell's Interpretation of John Smith? Uh Oh

Before watching the Aviator last night, Old Zach berated me for not carrying my weight on this blog for the last week, and I humbly begin to make reparations with this brief blurb. We also noticed previews for a movie called The New World, which will be released sometime in 2005 apparently, essentially portraying the landing at Jamestown and the interaction with Powhatan, Pocahontas, and the 30 or so tribes in the confederation that Powhatan led. Colin Farrell will be playing John Smith. After his performance with his foppish mop of blonde hair in Alexander, I believe I can speak for everyone when I say that we are all relieved that he will not have blonde hair in his portrayal of John Smith. It's more of a scruffy dark brown, I believe. Perhaps Christian Bale as John Rolfe can salvage the day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It' sad. I always thought Dana Carvey fit the John Smith profile perfectly, but what do I know?

12:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home