The Commonwealth of Virginia's Ultimate Blog

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

NoVa Sports Blogging

I was getting ready to write something about the whole Alfonso Soriano saga going on at Nats Spring Training when I saw that Mason Conservative has already done it for me. Basically all I have to say is that this is not a good way to start off the season. Now that D.C. has finally agreed to build the Nats a permanent home, I was hoping for some better vibes coming out of Viera, Florida.

While I'm at it, I need to congratulate the Commonwealth's only team in the NCAA Tournament, the George Mason Patriots. The Green and Gold have been impressive in defeating two powerhouse programs in Michigan State and North Carolina and advancing to the Sweet 16 when many were saying they didn't belong in the Tourney at all. GMU is representing the Commonwealth very well indeed and you can bet I'll be rooting for them this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home