The Commonwealth of Virginia's Ultimate Blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Jeff Schapiro Doesn't Get It

Norm points us the this RTD blog entry from reporter Jeff Schapiro. In it, Schapiro says that Gilmore's re-emergence has put the J-O-Y in conservative bloggers' hearts. He also says that this blog "generally welcome[s] Gilmore's draw-a-line-in-the-sand brand of politics."

Either Schapiro has never read this blog before yesterday, or he's just being lazy. I am not a fan of slash and burn politics and I don't think anyone on this blog is. Frankly, I am an admittedly biased Allen supporter which means Jim Gilmore isn't exactly my favorite guy in the world. I doubt I'd support him for Governor in '09 even if he ran. What I do believe in, however, is giving credit where it is due.

As I said yesterday, I didn't go into yesterday's meeting expecting much from Gilmore, but I was wrong. Gilmore made some very astute observations and I feel he should get credit for them. Schapiro's comment is condescending and implies that anyone who dares agree with anything Gilmore says is guilty of petty partisanship.

We are not a "my-way-or-the-highway" blog. We don't go slinging the term "RINO" around like some others do. And we don't throw fellow Republicans under the bus just because we disagree with them. Maybe Schapiro just doesn't like the fact that we don't embrace his personal folk hero, Russ Potts. But I don't think its an extreme position to say that someone who treats the GOP the way Potts has shouldn't be able to retain the advantages of his Party membership. Otherwise, the party labels are meaningless.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please do not waste your time with Jeff S. He is not a very good reporter and is even worse as a columnist. He claims to look at Norm's One Man's Trash from time to time, but I doubt he does so on a consistent basis. He would do well to look at Norm's weekly analysis of his Sunday drivel.

9:59 PM

 
Blogger Old Zach said...

I should clarify that i probably wouldn't support Gilmore for the GOP nomination for Governor, but if he were to gain the nomination I would most likely support him.

10:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home