The Commonwealth of Virginia's Ultimate Blog

Friday, January 20, 2006

The Media and the Future of the GOP

Read this excellent editorial by Peggy Noonan in the Wall Street Journal. She does a good job of examining how things have changed for the Dems and why their attacks on Sam Alito have met with such complete failure. Here's a taste:
Eleven years ago the Democrats lost control of Congress. Then they lost the presidency. But just as important, maybe more enduringly important, they lost their monopoly on the means of information in America. They lost control of the pipeline.
Read the rest, it's worth it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bwana said...

I have yet to find anyting written by Peggy Noonan that disappointed me. Aside from the fact that I seem to agree with her the vast majority of the time, I wish I could write half as well as she. Her style is elegant yet muscular, vigorous and intellectual, making stong points clearly without pedantry or bloviation...

Unlike myself, obviously! ;-)

8:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home