The Commonwealth of Virginia's Ultimate Blog

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Voices Crying Out in the Wilderness

One wouldn't blame the 5 Conservative Senators who make up the Republican Senate Victory PAC (RSVP for short) from feeling that way. On Tuesday, Jim Bowden of Bacon's Rebellion (hat tip to Norm) made a strong argument for conservative Republicans to support this group with any available resources.

As I said, in my review of the Advance, I had an opportunity to speak with each of these men at their Hospitality Suite and I was encouraged by what they had to say about their agenda to restore conservative principles to the State Senate. Unfortunately they can't do it alone, they need our help. Frankly, we must face the fact that, as of right now, there are three parties in the State Senate. We need more Cuccunellis, Martins, Newman, O'Briens and Obenshains in the Senate if we are going to restore fiscal sanity and conservative values to our Commonwealth.

I was impressed at how many people were packing the RSVP suite this weekend. Maybe those folks were just trying to get their hands on some free food and beer, but personally, I think many of the grassroots of our party are tired of Republican legislators rolling over at the first sign of trouble. They are hungry for individuals to stand up for our principles and present our agenda in a clear and common-sense way to the voters of Virginia. I applaud the efforts of these five men, I join them and I hope many of you will do the same.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen!

I'm with you!

10:54 PM

 
Blogger GOPHokie said...

Many are with you Zach.

3:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home