The Commonwealth of Virginia's Ultimate Blog

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Light The Candle

Today marks the one-year Blogiversary of Sic Semper Tyrannis. For some warm fuzzy memories, here's our first post.

In my mind, we have far exceeded anything I thought we could accomplish on this blog at the one year mark. I want to thank everyone out there who has supported us, linked to us, commented here, or just read and enjoyed what we've had to say. I hope you'll keep coming back, and we'll certainly try to keep holding up our end.

I am excited about the future of SST. When we started, I wasn't sure that blogging was anything more than a fad. Now I can see what a valuable and valid source of information blogs can be when used properly. I think we have a lot more to offer here at SST and I hope that we can keep making a solid contribution to the Virginia blogosphere.

In terms of retrospection, my favorite post by Addison was the one that made me feel like we had truly arrived on the Virginia political scene. If you recall, the Governor's office took something of an interest in our graphic design. My favorite post by Lighthorse Harry was this great political tidbit of historical perspective about the campaign of Jeff Stafford and those activists it spawned. Finally, my own favorite post was probably the one I did in the wake of the London bombings on July 7, 2005. I feel that those sentiments still ring true today.

Consider this an open thread for reminiscing, congratulating and even criticizing. We're always open to changes around these parts, as long as they are the right changes.

By the way, this is still the funniest thing I've seen all year.

5 Comments:

Blogger kilo said...

Happy B-day SST!

8:00 AM

 
Anonymous Chad said...

Congratulations, guys. Keep up the great work.

9:20 AM

 
Blogger John K. said...

For a short time, you guys had "NOVA" cropped out of the banner. I thought it was a subliminal message....

Congratulations, you guys have reached a true milestone. There are hundreds of blogs that fade away after a few dozen posts.

2:18 PM

 
Blogger Romeocat said...

Congratulations on your blogiversary! Keep up the good work, and I'm sure you'll all be around for a long time to come.

-- R'cat
CatHouse Chat

3:53 PM

 
Blogger Norman said...

Happy, happy, fellas. I'm glad you're on our side.

7:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home