The Commonwealth of Virginia's Ultimate Blog

Saturday, December 10, 2005

#4 is Simply Amazing

I love J.J. Redick.

Not only is this kid from Roanoke, Virginia the single greatest shooter I have ever seen, but he has a will to win like nobody else. J.J. wants the ball every single time. If a big shot is needed, he'll take it. He's fearless, competitive, motivated, and yes, cocky as hell. And I dig that about him.

I was in Lynchburg, VA four years ago the day J.J. dropped 43 points on George Wythe, on an injured ankle no less, to give his high school the state title. It was the first time I'd ever seen him play, and I couldn't believe my eyes. There was no place on the court J.J. wouldn't shoot from.

This afternoon, J.J. dropped 41 on the #2 team in the nation, Texas, and it was deja vu all over again. You can tell just by watching him that J.J. knows this is his last go 'round in the Duke blue-and-white. And just like in high school, he wants to make it count. If J.J. doesn't lead this team to at least the Final Four this year, I'll be very surprised. What a guy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't stand him. He's a traitor. A kid from Roanoke should play ball somewhere in Virginia, preferably for UVa.

He chose to play for the Evil Empire, so he is now my least favorite player ever.

(Sorry for the venom. I'm so tired of Duke, I could scream.)

9:52 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second that, anonymous. Krzyzewski has an incredibly tiny mouth and Duke sucks. I annoint him "Hamster Mouth." Heh....

10:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home