The Commonwealth of Virginia's Ultimate Blog

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Congratulations Virginia

You have just elected Michael Dukakis as the next Governor of our fair Commonwealth. I hope you idiots get exactly what you asked for.

More election reaction later, I just need some time.

Update:
Just to be clear, Tim Kaine and his campaign deserve a lot of credit for this victory. They won fair and square. The campaign did a magnificent job of keeping the focus on Virgina's progress under Warner and off of Tim Kaine's record.

I am disappointed that my Commonwealth would choose someone like Tim Kaine to be their Governor. Iam even more disappointed that people did not see what a great person Jerry Kilgore is and what a great Governor he would have made.

Yeah, I'm pretty angry and bitter right now I admit. But then, y'all dont read this blog for objective reporting anyway.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Cato said...

Wow, what a well reasoned political analysis. If you Republicans in Richmond and Washington governed in the philosophy of limited government you talk about a lot, maybe youd have more success.

Vote Libertarian....

10:22 AM

 
Blogger Old Zach said...

Cato,
I wanted to respond to your comment on the election day post. "proactive" solutions does not mean "government" solutions. I completely agree with you about the necessity for the GOP to stick to our limited government roots. Abandoning those ideals, or not standing up for them, is part of the reason Kilgore lost, and the reason why the National GOP is not in the good graces of conservatives right now.

10:46 AM

 
Blogger Old Zach said...

actually "government solutions" is pretty much an oxymoron.

10:48 AM

 
Blogger Ross said...

While I enjoy politics and take it seriously, I'm not tethered to any particular party. So I have a question for those that are?

Are you guys feeling how I felt after Saturday's loss to Miami? If so I empathize. I would hate to hear people's comments if it were like that.

(slightly tic?)

10:57 AM

 
Blogger Old Zach said...

Ross, If you read my prior post about VT's loss to Miami, you'll remember my reference to Bill Simmons' "13 levels of Losing." Applying this to the poitical context, Kilgore's loss feels worse than Virginia Tech's for me.

11:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at the VT game pulling my hardest for the Hokies. On Sunday, I felt like my dog had been run over by a semi. I didn't feel nearly as bad this morning. But you also have to remember that football is much more important than who is in the Governor's Mansion.

11:40 AM

 
Blogger Ben Kyber said...

Thank you, Old Zach, for accurately representing the class (or lack there of) of the American Conservative movement.

Even your party has the decency to remain civil. You should follow their example.

12:10 PM

 
Blogger Addison said...

Old Zach does not appreciate the Massachusetts miracle.

12:21 PM

 
Blogger Old Zach said...

Addison, thanks for making me laugh for the first time today.

12:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you know how all rational Americans felt in 2000 and 2004.

12:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow things in VA have been going right for a few years finally and you complain that the party that did that stays in power? Good thinking.

3:13 PM

 
Anonymous Tugboat Phil said...

Amen, Anonymous! In 00 and 04, all us rational Americans felt Greaaaat!! Hey, that's real gutsy of you posting your name. Anonymous...is that Greek??

9:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home