The Commonwealth of Virginia's Ultimate Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The BCS Stepchild

The Washington Times has an entertaining article today about the joke of a BCS Conference that is the Big East. No matter which way you slice it, the Big East simply is not in the same league as its BCS brethren the ACC, Big Ten, Big XII, Pac-10, and SEC. In fact, the Big East might even be worse than the non-BCS Mountain West conference.

The BCS should do everyone a favor by eliminating the Big East's automatic bid and replacing it with a third at-large bid. Then, if a Big East team is worthy, they'll get an invite, but if they aren't, then the fans won't be stuck watching a mediocre team get shellacked by a BCS heavyweight in what is supposed to be a marquee game.

3 Comments:

Blogger GOPHokie said...

The way its going, WVU might finish higher than any of the Big 10 teams though (lets hope).
From top to bottom it is obviously not in the same league as the other 5 though.

1:30 PM

 
Blogger CR UVa said...

I'd bet you guys are glad that Casteen bailed VT out. I suspect that if it hadn't happened, we would be starting to see the effects within a couple years, with UVa becoming the state's football power and VT fading with the rest of the Big Least.

3:04 PM

 
Blogger Old Zach said...

Who can say what might or might not have happened had VT been left behind. All I know is that I have been a VT fan my whole life and I have ALWAYS thought VT belonged in the ACC. It just makes sense. I don't care how it happened, I just know we're home now.

9:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home