Tim Kaine abandons website making fun of Jerry Kilgore's accent
I'm finally back in the saddle, and I hope to bring my posting up to speed in the next few days.
While I've been gone, the fallout over Tim Kaine's cheap shots has gone nukular. The WaPo was on the story Monday, and Bob Lewis' AP story was picked up by the Chicago Sun-Times, Seattle Times and ABC News.
I'm willing to give the Kaine campaign the benefit of the doubt here. If this is just about debating, then why have they abandoned their snarky webpage? The whole thing was designed to make fun of Mr. Kilgore during his "10 Weeks of Honest Reform" campaign. By my count, we are in the seventh week of the announcements:
- Week 1: The Nation's Best Teachers Initiative: The "3 R's" - Recruit, Retain & Reward
- Week 2: Bolstering Our Commitment to Technology and Growth: Virginia Advanced Research Alliance
- Week 3: Safe From Harm: Furthering the Goal of Eliminating Domestic Violence
- Week 4: Open, Ethical Government: Promoting Transparency and Electoral Reform
- Week 5: Transportation for the 21st Century: Keeping People and Commerce Moving
- Week 6: Accountability in State Government: Establishing an Advocate and Watchdog for the Taxpayers
- Week 7: Leading for the People: Trusting the People on Taxes
I'm tuned. It's not about the accent, after all - it's about the debates.