The Commonwealth of Virginia's Ultimate Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Yet another Delegate Steps Aside

The Virginian-Pilot adds another name to the growing list of Delegates not seeking re-election this year. This time, it's Delegate James Dillard (R-Fairfax) who is retiring after 32 years in office. Dillard, of course, was one of the 17 GOP delegates who broke ranks to help pass the largest tax increase in Virginia's history. In his farewell speech he offered no contrition, instead urging his colleagues to continue raising taxes. No word from the Pilot on who may seek to replace him.

Addison Adds

I particularly like this quote from the RT-D:
"People say to me, `Dillard, are you a liberal?' Sometimes they ask, `You a moderate?' and others say `Are you a conservative?'" Dillard said. "I say I'm not really any of those. I'm a Virginian."
I'm going out on a limb here and guessing that no one has asked Dillard the third question in at least ten years.

This sets the stage for an election between Michael Golden and David Marsden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home